Sunday, September 12, 2010

...and after fall comes Christmas!

Yes...I'm back to doing Christmas cards.  This time the products I used are from the main catalogue...my poor neglected new purchases...left to collect dust when the Holiday mini pre-order came in!  No more!  I've resolved to use at least one of everything I ordered from the new catty before I will allow myself to go back to the mini.  We'll see how that goes...
Anyhow...this card actually uses a set I'm thinking about getting.  I borrowed Scenic Season from a friend and she jokingly asked me a week or so ago when I would post something that uses it.  Well, Christine...here it is!
Soft Suede and Cherry Cobbler make this a slightly nontraditional colour scheme.
I tried to capture a bit of the shimmer from the Smooch Vanilla Shimmer Mist...don't think I was very succesful!  But its there...really!
Three of my favourite new products:  Decorative Label punch, Chantilly Lace trim and BIG Deck the Halls buttons.
I like this card for a few reasons: 
1)  It uses a beautiful image that I have long admired in the catalogue but that hadn't quite made it to the top of my purchasing list yet (it has now, by the way!)
2)  It uses Soft Suede a fav former in-colour that has returned as a core colour in the Colour Renovation.
3) It was relatively quick and easy to make.

Here is what I did:
I began by stamping the image in soft suede ink on very vanilla cardstock.  I then cut the image into three unequally-sized pieces, cutting in spots where the image logically could be divided.  I matted each section on soft suede cardstock cut 1/8" larger than the very vanilla pieces.  I mounted all three image sections on a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8" piece of cherry cobbler cardstock.  I then spritzed the whole thing with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch and set it aside to dry.
Meanwhile, I stamped the sentiment, which I inked using Stampin' Write markers in Cherry cobbler and always artichoke.  I punched it out with my Decorative Label punch and sponged it using Early Espresso ink.  I added some Chantilly lace trim to the image panel, tied it in a knot and added a big button threaded with Linen thread.  I adhered the sentiment centred to the middle panel (not the entire card) using dimensionals.  I then mounted the whole thing on a soft suede card base.  A pretty, quick and easy card you could easily do several of.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooooh! Love it Leena! So CAS! Thanks for sharing, I knew you'd do something lovely! At first I thought you had stamped/embossed in Gold ink, not Soft Suede. Guess it's the vanilla smooch! I do love this set, so pretty without much embellishment. Very pretty! You know, anytime I can help you spend your money . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...