Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Austrian Wedding card...

Well...the card isn't Austrian, but the recipients are!  My cousin is finally marrying the woman he has been dating FOREVER on October 2nd.  We were invited to the wedding but alas, the wedding is in Austria (where they live) and I have a teaching job that tends to frown on week long jaunts to Europe in the middle of the school year.  So, this card will get to make the trip in my brother's suitcase in my place.  I'd much rather be handing it to them myself...


Close up of focal image detail
I had to include the Mr. & Mrs. because it has taken them SOOO long to finally take the plunge!
Inside card design and sentiment.
Don't you just love this Designer Series Paper?  It is called Elegant Soiree and it truly is beautiful.  The patterns range from large to small and include the colours Baja Breeze (my fav) Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey.  A terrific soft colour pallette.  The stamp set I used is called Notably Ornate and is from the catalogue.  I just love the elegance and almost Baroque flavour of this set.  I coloured the frame using my blender pen and Baja Breeze and Soft Suede ink pads.
The "Amour" sentiment comes from the Artistic Etchings set...definitely one of my favourites from the catalogue.  I framed the sentiment with a designer label frame from the Very Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware and fastened it with two Square Ice brads.  I added a little extra bling to the bird and Mr & Mrs. feature with the Basic Rhinestone jewels.
The inside of the card features sentiments from the Level 3 Hostess set called "Occasional Quotes"...a great, versatile set of sentiment stamps that you can earn for FREE with a qualifying workshop.
The finished size of this card is 5 1/4" x 5 1/4".  I hope they like it half as much as I liked making it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful!! I so look forward to your entries and pick your blog first each day to check out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamilla...I appreciate your comments and encouragement. You taught me everything I know!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...