Friday, September 17, 2010

Spoooky....

I am not big into Halloween.  As the parent of a 3-year-old, I find many Halloween displays are just too scary for him and therefore don't really do much besides taking my son trick-or-treating around our court and carving a pumpkin.  That said, I have seen many cute little ghosts made with the Owl Punch floating around various blogs and websites that were just too adorable to pass up.  So, here is a Halloween card that is WAY out of my confort zone!

Close-up of my punch-art bats.
Close up of my Owl Punch ghost!
This card is really a combination of many tools and techniques!  Here is a list of all the products I used:
Big Shot with Top Note die, sponges, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand and Basic Black ink, Owl, 1" circle, Scalloped Oval, 1/3/4 circle and Medium Jewelry Tag punches, Lovely as a Tree & Tiny Tags stamp sets, White gel pen, Gold Lamme Smooch accent ink, black hemp twine, black button, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Cajun Craze and Basic Black cardstock, Snail adhesive, Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensionals.

Whew...that list is longer than I thought! I sponged the sky using a 1 3/4" circle mask for the moon and Night of Navy ink.  I then removed the mask and sponged the moon in More Mustard and Cajun Caraze and added a few wispy clouds in Night of Navy.  The ground was sponged in Early Espresso.  I stamped the trees in Basic Black.  the bats were made using the largest circle from the Owl punch for the body, the 1" circle cut in half and then inserted into the scalloped oval punch.  I then trimmed them a bit to make them a little less round on top.  I added the facial detail using Smooch and a white gel pen.  My ghost is the body of the owl (with the feet cut off) turned upside down.  The feet are from the same punch-out but in black.  The eyes and mouth are all circles from the owl punch.  I sponged the edges of the body in Sahara Sand to give it some dimension.  I think you can probably figure out the rest by looking at the pictures.  I had fun with this card and might actually think about doing some little treat bags to hand out on the Big Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...