Monday, September 20, 2010

Hamilton Regionals Coming soon!!

I am SOOOO excited about the Hamilton Regional Seminar for Stampin' Up!  It is my first SU event and I am really pumped to meet other demonstrators who share my love of papercrafting in general and Stampin' Up! in particular!  One of the things I am most looking forward to is swapping cards with other demos.  I've been working on my swap cards and today's post is one of them!
Swap card#1  for Hamilton Regionals
This card uses the Candy Cane Christmas DSP from the Holiday Mini.  I wasn't too sure about this paper when I first saw it.  I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas, so the colour scheme didn't appeal to me at first.  Then the paper came and lo and behold, I LOVE it!  The striped paper on the bottom half of the card has lots of sparkle with the glittery red stripes.  I especially like the two shades of green:  Garden Green and Wild Wasabi.  I used both those colours in the matting for this card.  I also used the Merry Little Christmas builder wheel and teamed it with the Striped builder wheel from the main catalogue.  I inked it using Whisper White craft ink on Real Red cardstock.  I like the way the stripes look like peppermint candy!  The focal image is from the Christmas Classics set and is stamped in Wild Wasabi and Real Red.  I coloured the stamp with my markers to get the two-tone effect.  I punched the image out with a 2" non-SU circle punch and then matted it on a 2 3/8" scalloped circle in Wild Wasabi.  I mounted it using dimensionals.  The only embellishments on this card are the 3/8" Whisper White taffeta ribbon and a single basic rhinestone jewel...just enough to add a little sparkle to the sentiment.  I hope my fellow swappers like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...