Sunday, September 19, 2010

Here comes the bride...

I'm posting this card in the hopes my friend ( who will be the recipient next weekend) doesn't see it.  I know she is really busy with wedding preparations so I'm trusting that she won't have time to read my blog!
Shower card for a friend who is being honoured next weekend.
Close-up of sentiment.

Inside of card
Here is what I did to put this card together...it's actually really easy!
I started by running a 5 1/4 x 4" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock through my Big Shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  (I absolutely adore our embossing folders...so much WOW for so little effort!)  Then I sponged the entire thing with Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  I adhered the blue pearls, which came from our local dollar store.  The ribbon is just a scrap that I adhered on either end on the back of the Very Vanilla panel.  I gathered it in the middle and tied it using Linen Thread.  I stamped the sentiment from the For The Bride set in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then punched it out using my word window punch.  Then I punched a modern label from Soft Suede, a wide oval from Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, and a decorative label from Baja Breeze.  I layered them all, added some more blue pearls and adhered using dimensionals.  Then I layered the front panel on a 5 3/8 x 4 1/8" piece of Elegant Soiree DSP and mounted the whole thing to a Baja Breeze card base.
The inside is pretty self-evident based on the picture...no fancy techniques or secrets here!  The Love sentiment is from the Level 3 hostess set called Occasional Quotes and the Congratulations is from the Perfect Punches set.  The patterned paper is also from the Elegant Soiree pack.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is beautiful! The deep embossing is very striking..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...