Saturday, September 11, 2010

Feels like fall

With the start of the school year and cool nights it really is starting to feel like fall.  Gone are the long, sultry nights of summer...I'm sad to see it go but I love the cool, crispness  in the air.  Today's post is a Thanksgiving card.  We here in Canada will be celebrating in just 4 short weeks!  It is always a very special time of year for our family; made even more-so by our wedding anniversary on October 9th.  I made this card, not really knowing where I was going with it other than that I wanted to make something with a fall flavour.  This is what I ended up with:

I used some of my favourite Stampin' Up products on this card!  First of all, one of the new colours, Cajun Craze, is a rich, saturated burnt-orange that I am quickly falling in love with. The Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder creates absolutely gorgeous texture.  Before running it through my Big Shot I brayered it with Cajun Craze ink.  That created the two-tone effect.  The text behind the torn corner comes from our Presto Patterns specialty paper.  The image appears when you apply ink, either by misting it on or with a sponge or brayer.  The effect is a kind-of emboss resist...very pretty.  For the focal image I used the French Foliage stamp set from the Holiday Mini.  I also used some Chantilly lace ribbon.  This is a beautiful and easy way to  add a touch of vintage elegance to any project.  I finished it off with on of the Antique Brads...another new product I just can't seem to get enough of!

1 comment:

  1. Is that Concord Crush behind the leaves? Great colour combo. I haven't tried brayering colour on embossing folders as yet.

    You've inspired me again, Leena!!

    Please bring to 'show & share' at the next Jammin' Stampers Meeting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...