Monday, September 6, 2010

Topiary Ornament

Well...this is it...my last day of freedom.  School starts tomorrow and with it, my crazy, hectic schedule.  I will do my best to continue to post regularly, but if I miss a few days, please know it isn't because I've gone anywhere (expect for maybe crazy!).  Today's post is another version of a Christmas ornament.  (Sorry about the changing colours in these photos...I have no idea what my camera was doing.  Every shot was of the same orament in the same light!  Sheesh!)

Topiary ornament using boho blossoms and 5-petal flower punch
Close-up of the top of ornament
Close up of Smooch accent ink detail


This is another easy to make, but somewhat time-consuming project.  I started with another styrofoam ball.  I punched out several 5-petal flowers in Old Olive and many Boho Blossoms in Cherry cobbler.  I then layered the 5-petal flowers and the Boho blossoms randomly all over the ball using straight pins to adhere them.  I then spritzed the whole thing with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Mist.  Once that was dry, I dabbed Gold Lamme Smooch accent ink over the ends of the pins and added a few extra dots to simulate the centres of the flowers.  When that dried, I added a loop of Old Olive satin ribbon and adhered it with an antique brad.  Pretty and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...