Sunday, September 26, 2010

Regionals Rocked!

Whew...it has been a whirlwind weekend!  Yesterday I was at the Hamiltion Regional Seminar for Stampin' Up!.  It was such a great day!  I learned SO much and had fun swapping and stamping with my friends.  The highlight of the day, by far, was meeting Shelli Gardiner.  For those of you who have no idea who I'm talking about, Shelli is the Co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!.  She is a bit of a legend among us demonstrators and having the chance to say hello and let her know how much I appreciated her coming all the way to Hamilton from Utah was certainly something I won't soon forget.  I also had a photo taken with her which I will post tomorrow.  All in all, the day was such fun and so informative.  I also had the chance to swap cards with many demonstrators from all over Ontario and the US. Tomorrow I will post some photos of the beautiful cards I received in exchange, but today I wanted to show you the second swap card I made to take with me.
This card uses the ornament and sentiment from the Contempo Christmas set in the main catalogue.  The patterned paper is from an unexpected source...the Playdate DSP pack!  I was looking for a single colour print in Old Olive and lo and behold there is was!  I think it is perfect for Christmas.  The layer underneath the patterned paper is Whisper White cardstock that I ran through my Big Shot with the Perfect polka Dots embossing folder.  I layered that on a piece of Old Olive cardstock, tied a bow with Old Olive satin ribbon and mounted the whole thing on a Whisper White card base.  The ornament and the sentiment are both stamped with Cherry cobbler ink.  The ornament is punched out using the ornament punch.  I added a wee bit of sparkle with a single rhinestone jewel.  The sentiment was punched out using the Wide oval punch and was then layered on a Decorative Label punch in Old Olive.  This is a quick and easy card that still is contemporary and elegant.  Check in tomorrow when I will post swap cards I received as well as my photo with Shelli!

1 comment:

  1. Hi There...
    I just rec'd my packet of card fronts from the Christmas swap with Katherine - yours is so pretty .... so, I checked out your blog and am now a follower... love your creations.
    here is my blog -
    http://rainbowkreations.blogspot.com

    thanks for peeking ...
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...