Sunday, September 5, 2010

Still more fun with fabric!

I still have a few scraps of Designer fabric left over from the last couple of posts.  I remembered a craft I did with my mom when I was a kid and thought I'd give it a shot.  This is what I ended up with:

Faux Quilted Christmas Ornament
Top of Ornament...one of our antique brads
Bottom of ornament...three big designer buttons and another antique brad.
I started with a plain styrofoam ball and a bunch of random scraps of fabric.  I then began attaching the fabric to the ball by pressing the edges into the styrofoam with the dull edge of a craft knife.  The fabric stays in the styrofoam and stretches out rather nicely.  I kept doing this until I had the whole ball covered.  I then added some Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon, pinning it into place with a strategically placed straight pin or two.  I added a loop on the top with an Antique brad.  For the bottom, I fed the prongs of another antique brad into the holes of one of the buttons.  I bent the prongs over so that the brad would stay in place.  I then strung the button and two more on some linen thread which I then tied in place around the seam binding. 
This project really is easy...not especially quick, but very simple to do.  Believe it or not, I still have enough scraps left to do one more of these!  Not bad for one pack of fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...