Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let it snow?

Okay...well not YET, but eventually it will...and hopefully in time for a white Christmas!  Today's post is a different twist on a Christmas card.  No red and green here!  I've entered this card in the Moxie Fab Scallop challenge here

The scalloped background on this card was inspired by a card on the cover of Paper Crafts magazine!

Close-up of sentiment detail.
Inside of card
This card is all about blue.  I used the following shades of blue cardstock:  Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.  I punched 1" circles of each colour and layered them in a scallop pattern.  The top rows of scallops are punched from brushed silver cardstock.  I used a Whisper White base to glue my circles to.  I wrapped a piece of Whisper White satin ribbon around the middle of the cardfront and then layered a piece of Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon over top.  The snowflake is cut using the Snowflake #2 die and my Big Shot.  After I cut the snowflake I ran it through the Big Shot again using the perfect polka dots embossing folder.  I then misted it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch to give it some sparkle.  The sentiment comes from the Perfect Punches stamp set in the main catalogue.  I heat embossed it using Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.  I punched the sentiment out using my 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch and then layered it on a 2" circle punched from brushed silver cardstock.  I adhered the snowflake to the cardfront and then added the sentiment using dimensionals. I layered  the whole thing on a Whisper White mat and then adhered that to a Night of Navy card base.
For the inside of the card, I ran a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White cardstock through my Big Shot using the Northern Flurries embossing folder.  I matted that on a piece of brushed silver cardstock and glued it to the inside of my card.  I added some basic rhinestone jewels for some shine.  The sentiment is from the Occasional Quotes Level 3 hostess set and is stamped in Night of Navy ink.  I punched it out using my decorative label punch.  It is adhered using dimensionals.
I am having so much fun designing Christmas cards!  I am going to have to start sending cards to random people from the phone book if I am ever going to use them all!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leena! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...