Saturday, September 18, 2010

Oh Babies!

Next weekend I am invited to a shower for a friend who is having twin girls.  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend because I will be at the Hamilton Regional Seminar for Stampin' Up!.  Since my mom and sister-in-law are both attending I am going to send a gift along with them.  This is the card I made to go with it.
Twin girls card using images from the Baby Bundle stamp set
Close up of the the sentiment from a retired set called By Ones and Twos
Inside of the card.  Sentiment is again from the By Ones and Twos set
I just love the Nursery Suite specialty paper pack.  I especially love that there are self-adhesive die-cut accents that go with it!  Here is what I did to make this card.
I began by stamping the images on watercolour paper using brown Staz-On ink.  This ink will not run when it gets wet, which makes it perfect for watercolouring.  I coloured the images using my blender pen and ink pads and then wrapped a piece of Pear Pizzazz ribbon around the bottom of the image. I matted the images on a piece of DSP from the Nursery Suite pack.  (Just love this print!) I then matted that on a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  The scalloped corner details are from the Nursery Suite accents pack.  I took one of the scalloped strips and cut it to size to create photo corners.  For the sentiment, I stamped it in Regal Rose ink and then punched it out using my large oval punch.  I punched a scalloped oval in Regal Rose cardstock and glued the sentiment to it.  I then added the smallest pearls from the basic jewels around the scallops.  I mounted it to the ribbon using dimensionals.  The entire card front is mounted on a Regal Rose card base.  I carried the same theme to the inside of the card using the same DSP and scalloped photo corners as well as framing the sentiment in the same way.  I had so much fun making this card I think I may make another one to keep for myself!  I sure hope my friend likes it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...