Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Quick Birthday Card

Last week a friend of mine celebrated her birthday and today I want to share the card I made for her.  It is a super quick project featuring one of my favourite stamp sets...

Birthday card featuring the Butterfly Basics stamp set and coordinating Thinlits.
What I love about the Butterfly Basics stamp set is how easy it is to create a collage look.  For this card I simply stamped the various images in the Butterfly Basics set using a colour scheme of Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and metallic gold.  The gold spatters are from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  I stamped some images full strength and others stamped off to create depth.  I matted the stamped panel with Pear Pizzazz card stock and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card base.

The butterfly is die-cut from Brushed Gold card stock using the Butterflies Thinlits.  I added some pearls to the body of the butterfly and adhered it to the card using glue dots.


On the inside of the card I stamped another Very Vanilla panel with the same images I used for the front.  Talk about quick and easy!  If the Butterfly Basics set isn't already on your wishlist it should be!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...