Friday, January 1, 2021

Countdown to Sale-a-bration - Paper Blooms Designer Paper

 Happy New Year!! Wishing you and yours health, happiness and many blessings in 2021! Our family rang in the new year in our Pj's, counting the minutes till we could put 2020 behind us. Even though it was a very difficult year, we still have much for which to be thankful.

For day four of my Countdown to Sale-a-bration, I thought I would kick off the new year with something I love...playing with gorgeous Designer Series Paper! The Paper Blooms DSP pack is SO pretty...and what makes it even better is that it is FREE with a $60 order during Sale-a-bration beginning January 5th, 2021!


When I have beautiful paper, I love designing projects that show it off. Check out this cute little note card folder:

Paper Blooms Designer Paper Stampin' Up!

This folder is SO easy to create from a single sheet of 12" x 12" Designer Paper and was inspired by Patty Bennet's adorable Christmas version from a few years ago. Inside, there is room for 4 note cards and envelopes...

Paper Blooms Designer Paper Stampin up

Of course, I had to decorate my envelopes as well ;) Can you believe the only stamping on this entire project is the sentiments? I used the Many Messages Bundle which is going to be my new best friend. With one stamp, I stamped NINETEEN different sentiments. Then, using the coordinating Messages Die, I die cut each one into a uniquely-shaped label with just a single pass through my Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. How awesome is that?? Talk about a timesaver! 

Paper Blooms Designer Paper Stampin' up

In order to allow all four cards to fit in the folder I had to keep my designs relatively simple and limit the embellishments. It is amazing what one can do with just paper to create pretty cards!

Paper blooms Designer paper stampin' up

With paper this pretty, ribbon and embellishments just aren't necessary. I did do some fussy cutting of some of the flower images to create my focal points....but they are SUPER easy to cut...even for those who are allergic to fussy cutting ;)

paper blooms designer paper stampin up

As much as I love the floral images, I had to do one masculine card for the men in our lives. Those little stars are also included in the Many Messages stamp and are cut using the Messages die. Such a bonus! This was the only card on which I allowed myself to use some twine...because boys like bows too!

paper blooms designer paper stampin up

I demonstrated this project in this video...

 
Measurements: 
 
 Folder: 
 
12" x 12" Designer Series Paper - score at 2" x 5-3/4", 6-1/4" and 10". 
Rotate 90 degrees and then score at 2-1/2" and 8-1/4" 
24" Ribbon to tie folder closed 
 
Note Cards: 
 
Design 1: 
7" x 5" Whisper White card stock, scored at 3-1/2" (or purchase pre-cut White note cards & envelopes - Item #159232
 3-1/4" x 4-3/4" Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
2" punched circle (punched from the large polka dot pattern in the Paper Blooms pack) 
 
Design 2: 
7" x 5" Whisper White card stock, scored at 3-1/2" (or purchase pre-cut White note cards & envelopes - Item #159232
3" x 4-1/2" Paper Blooms Designer Paper
3-1/8" x 4-5/8" Rococo Rose card stock 
1/2" x 5" Paper Blooms Designer Paper 2" punched circle (punched from the large polka dot pattern in the Paper Blooms pack) 
Fussy cut flowers from the Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
 
Design 3: 
7" x 5" Whisper White card stock, scored at 3-1/2" (or purchase pre-cut White note cards & envelopes - Item #159232
3-1/4"x 4-3/4" Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
3-3/8" x 4-7/8" Night of Navy card stock 
3/4" x 3" Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
Fussy cut flowers from the Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
 
 Design 4: 
7" x 5" Whisper White card stock, scored at 3-1/2" (or purchase pre-cut White note cards & envelopes - Item #159232
3-1/4"x 4-3/4" Paper Blooms Designer Paper 
3-3/8" x 4-7/8" Night of Navy card stock
 2" punched circle (punched from the large polka dot pattern in the Paper Blooms pack) 
12" Baker's Twine (one length in each of Whisper White and Night of Navy)

Thanks so much for starting 2021 with me...I hope the first day of the year is a great one for you. Be sure to stop by again tomorrow for day five of my Countdown to Sale-a-bration series. In the meantime have a spectacular day!

Paper blooms designer paper stampin up




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...