Thursday, March 1, 2012

Another one for Dad

Happy March Everyone!!  Spring is only a few weeks away...yippee!  With the new month, Stampin' Up is offering a brand new product! 

This great addition to the  Simply Scored line makes it SO easy to created your own boxes, envelopes and more...plus it includes instructions for making standard-sized envelopes.  You'll never have to buy envelopes again!  Mine just arrived and I can't wait to play with it!  Stay tuned to see what I come up with...

I know Father's Day is a few months away yet, but I have been on a bit of a masculine-themed roll lately.  I like using darker colours and getting grungy with lots of sponging and distressing.  Have a look and you'll see what I mean...
Father's day card featuring the Tool Shed background stamp and sentiment from the Delightful Dozen set.
I pulled out all the distressing stops on this one!  I opened my as-yet-untouched blue distress ink from the Distressing Essentials kit and did lots of crumpling, tearing and general abusing of my cardstock.  I used a wee bit of Well Worn DSP for the bits of woodgrain in the corners and for the blue banner.  I added a bit of interest to my sentiment panel with my piercer (though I would have LOVED to add a bit of ribbon...didn't think the boys would appreciate a pretty little bow!) 
Nothing like taking out your stress on an innocent piece of cardstock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...