Sunday, March 25, 2012

Almost Normal...

Man, jet lag really SUCKS!  I've been home from Europe for five days now and I'm just now starting to feel like myself.  That 5 hour time difference really messes you up...especially when your body had just adjusted to a time difference the other way a week ago!  My first two days back at work last week were a wee bit foggy but a great 12 hours of sleep this weekend has me almost back to normal. 
Being away from my stamping corner for so long left my mojo in a fog as well!  Good thing I have some new goodies to play with to inspire my creativity!  Just before I left for Europe a box arrived from Stampin' Up filled with great new products that are part of the upcoming Summer Smooches promotion.  This promo, which begins April 1st, features a suite of coordinating products, some of which will be featured in the upcoming new Annual Catalogue.  Yesterday I cracked open that box and started playing with the fabulous DSP and Bright Blossoms stamp set.  See what you think...

Bright and cheerful birthday card featuring a sneak peek at the products from the Summer Smooches promotion.
Fun, huh?  I just love the bright colours in this DSP!  The simple, bold images combined with the great colour palette make this paper perfect for spring and summer projects.  What's even cooler is that the geometric quality of the patterns remind me so much of European design and decor...think IKEA.  It was so easy for me to put together this project after window shopping in Vienna and Munich...these patterns and colours were everywhere!
For those of you who are interested, here are a couple of photos from our trip...
The cathedral in Mondsee, Austria...better known as the scene of Maria's wedding to Captain Von Trapp in the Sound of Music.

One of the main streets in Mondsee...so picturesque...I so could live there!
My hubby and I at the Hohen-Salzburg fortress overlooking the city of Salzburg, Austria.  The fortress was built in the 1100's and still looks today pretty much as it did then.  We attended an evening concert featuring chamber music by Mozart here...what a great night!
I have about a million more photos but I won't bore you with them!  Suffice to say it was a busy, wonderful whirlwind of a trip and, while it was fun, it sure is good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...