Sunday, March 4, 2012

Loving my new Diagonal Plate!

I had a chance this afternoon to break open my brand new Simply Scored diagonal plate (SSDP).  This nifty addition to the Simply Scored line makes it SO easy to make diagonal score lines on just about any project.  I plan to feature it at my team meeting this month and so I spent some time creating the make-n-takes using the SSDP.  Here is what I came up with...

Centre-step Easter card and matching envelope made easy with my Simply Scored Diagonal Plate.  I used the Mixed Bunch and Delightful Dozen stamp sets.
Ok, so I went a little nuts with the scoring!  The centre panel on this card was scored every 1/4" in both directions...but isn't the result fabulous?!?  I added a little sponging to bring out the score lines even more...it reminds me a little of wicker...not sure why.  I also created an envelope for this card using the same DSP from the Sale-a-bration catalogue.  The SSDP comes with instructions for making standard envelope sizes; however my finished card measures 5 1/2" square, so it took a bit of experimenting to figure out the envelope.  I'm happy to say I made it work...if you want to replicate an envelope this size you'll need a 10" square piece of patterned paper and then score all four sides at 4 1/8".  Follow the rest of the instructions on the insert provided with the SSDP and you're on your way to creating beautiful coordinating envelopes for your creations.  Because I wanted to have a spot to address the envelope, I added a little label to the front  and another on the back for the return address.  I hope my team enjoys playing with this new tool as much as I did...guess I'll find out tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...