Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bloomin' Sunflower

I love this card I designed for my TGIF class this Friday night!  I based the layout on this week's sketch challenge over at Retro Sketches.  Check out the sketch...




And  here's my version:

Any-occasion card for RS54 featuring the Sunflower background stamp, Collage Curios stamp set with sentiment from Bloomin' Marvelous.
I love sunflowers.  They exemplify summer for me and, since summer seems like a LONG ways away these days, I just had to pull out this stamp for this challenge to remind me of sun-soaked days and long, sultry nights.  I embossed the background with the new Honeycomb TIEF and then stamped  the little bees from the Collage Curios set (so cute!).  The sentiment is from the Bloomin' Marvelous Sale-a-bration set, which is only available for another 10 days.  (If you haven't got this set yet, hurrry...you'll be sorry if you miss it!). 
Soo much to love about this card...join me on Friday evening and make one for yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Super pretty Leena - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT card Leena! Gotta dust off that ol' background stamp and CASE this card!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the embossing in the background. The color on the sunflower are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...