Thursday, March 14, 2013

We all need a little Sunshine

When the latest set of single stamps were made available I fell in love with just about every one of them.  There was one, however, that I just HAD to have.  I used it on this card I designed for my technqiues class that meets tonight.  Have a look:


Card for someone special featuring the Sunshine single stamp (132671).

Focal image detail

Ever since my son was a newborn I have sung the song "You are my Sunshine" to him to put him to sleep.  Now that he's a "big boy" - almost 6! - I don't get to sing it as often as I once did, but it still holds a special place in both of our hearts.  When I saw the Sunshine single stamp I knew I had to have it.  I used the Bouncing Brayer technique to create the background behind the stamped image...so perfect for the sentiment!  I stamped the image itself in Versamark and then heat embossed using Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Gumball Green embossing powders.  I like the rainbow-like effect it gave the image.  The background DSP is from the Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP pack and to add extra texture, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Cloudy Day TIEF.  I am so pleased with the final result...I hope my class members will like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...