Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy World Cardmaking Day!

I hope you had a great day of crafting beautiful hand-made cards.  I had big plans for today but wound up sick in bed most of the day...not my idea of a fun Saturday!  I did force myself to get up and make a couple of cards, though...I wasn't about to allow this day to pass without getting some stamping done!  Here is what I came up with...
Day of Gratitude Card
Close up of the gorgeous medallion image.

Inside of card with popped up acorns...love these little guys!
Everyone who attended Regionals received the "Day Of Gratitude" set (from the Holiday Mini) with their registration.  We used it to create 6 beautiful Make-'n'-Take projects while at Regionals, but I couldn't wait to get home and play with this beautiful set.  I especially love the large medallion image.  It is so intricate and detailed it can stand on it's own on a cardfront.  That is what I did with this card.  I coloured the medallion using my Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and Chocolate Chip markers to bring out the detail in the image.  I stamped it on Very Vanilla, cut it out and then matted it on Tangerine Tango.  A little retired Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, some DSP from the Play Date pack and a pearl finish off this simple, yet elegant card.  The inside is stamped with the branch image from the same set.  I also stamped a couple of the cute little acorns on Very Vanilla, cut them out and popped them up using dimensionals.  The sentiment, also from Day of Gratitude, was coloured using my Tangerine Tango and chocolate Chip markers, stamped on Very Vanilla and punched out using the Decorative Label punch (my new go-to punch from the Holiday Mini).  I matted that on more Play Date DSP in Old Olive and adhered it using dimensionals.
While I love this rich, autumn colour combination, I can't wait to try using this medallion stamp on a Christmas card!  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...