Sunday, October 3, 2010

Jammin' Stampers Colour Challenge

Last week, my upline, Jamilla Ivits, issued a challenge to our team.  She just got the Colour Coach (after hearing the rest of us rave about it!) and challenged each of us to create a Christmas card using one of the Bashful Blue combinations from the Coach.  I am always up for a challenge and so I got busy last night on my card.  We are to bring them to our team meeting on Tuesday but I just have to share it now...I can't wait till then!  Here is what I came up with...
Greeting Card Kids Christmas Card
Close up of the adorable focal image.
Close up of the sentiment
Inside of Greeting Card Kids card
I just love these Greeting Card Kids!  I've had this set for a while (since the new catty came out) but haven't used this image yet.  When I looked at the colour options for our challenge, I knew I had to use this stamp.  The colours are Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi and Rose Red...these colours are soft and sweet, just like this little girl!  I stamped the image in Staz-On on watercolour paper and then coloured it in using my ink pads and blender pens.  I added little touches of Gold Lamme Smooch accent ink to the tree and the buttons on her coat (it doesn't really show up in the photo).  I then punched her out using my 2 3/8" scalloped circle punch and then notched every other scallop to give a snowflake effect. I also added little dots of Smooch to the notched I layered another scalloped circle punch in Bashful Blue behind it and mounted it to the cardfront using dimensionals.  For the background, I used one of the Wild Wasabi patterns from the subtles DSP stack and then stamped snowflakes from the Snow Swirled set in Wild Wasabi all over.  I again added little dots of Smooch to the snowflakes to add some shimmer.  I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner punch and then layered it on Bashful Blue and then Rose Red cardstock.  The ribbon is adhered using Sticky Strip and ruffled at the top of the cardfront.  The whole thing is mounted on a Wild Wasabi card base.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Greeting set and is stamped in Wild Wasabi on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I punched it out using my large oval punch and then layered it on a scalloped oval in Rose Red.  I layered that on Wild Wasabi wide oval and a Bashful Blue decorative label.  I was a little Smooch happy last night and so I added more dots to the scallops on the Rose Red layer!  The inside of the card uses the verse from the Christmas Greeting set and the snowflakes from Snow Swirled.  The layers are pretty much the same as on the front of the card.  I restrained myself from adding more Smooch to the inside...though I was tempted!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Get take on the challenge! I may have to make this a monthly challenge for our meetings once we see all the ideas tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...