Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not sure how I feel about this one...

Have you ever created something you weren't too sure you like all that much?  I have (all too often!) and today's post is a perfect example.  From the get-go I wasn't really sure where I was going with this card.  I knew I wanted to use the Welcome Christmas set (it just came on the UPS truck last week!) but other than that, I really had no direction.  When all was said and done, I still am not sure I like it, but here it is, none-the-less...
I love this stamp set...have since the new catty came out in July.  Just not too sure I like what I did with it...
Close up of the sentiment from Welcome Christmas.  I popped up the Season's Greetings with dimensionals.
I think its the tinsel that makes this card iffy for me.  I'm not really a tinsel kind of gal, but wanted to try to incorporate it in a project...not too sure I succeeded!

Inside sentiment from Occasional Quotes Level 3 Hostess set.
So, I showed this card to my husband and he liked it....didn't even notice the tinsel.  I, on the other hand, can't STOP noticing it.  I think I may have to redo this card and leave the tinsel off...not that I dislike tinsel in general...it just isn't my style.  Anyhow...enough second-guessing myself!  This card is pretty straight-forward.  I started with Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the wreath image (in Old Olive) off the top edge to create a garland-like effect.  I then coloured the berries using my Cherry Cobbler marker.  Then I added that darned tinsel and the little bows using glue dots.  The focal image is stamped in Early espresso.  I added a little rhinestone jewel to the star to make it shine.  The sentiment was stamped once in Old Olive and once in Cherry Cobbler.  I cut the Season's Greetings out of the Cherry Cobbler and popped it up on the Old Olive image using dimensionals.  I layered the whole cardfront to an Old olive mat and then to a Cherry Cobbler card base.  The inside sentiment was stamped and punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I stamped the wreath image in the centre of the inside panel and then layered the sentiment over top using dimensionals.  We'll have to see if this one makes the Stamp-A-Stack line-up...

3 comments:

  1. You are funny, Leena....

    A feature of your cards that I really like is the stamping on the inside! We so often forget that we can stamp inside too!

    Thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOL at your tinsel references!! I like the looks of the card and think the tinsel is what really makes it - I wouldn't change a thing!

    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep coming back to this card on Stampin' Connection, and love it more and more each time I see it. I'm casing it, tinsel and all!!! Thanks for the great idea. Hope the card is growing on you too ;)

    Mary Lynn Riggs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...