Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Swap Inspired Christmas Card

Last month I attended my first ever Stampin' Up! event.  It was the Hamilton Regional seminar and I had a great time.  One of the best things about getting together with other demonstrators is the swapping!!  I am always thrilled to see the amazing things my fellow demonstrators come up with and draw inspriration from their creativity.  Today's post is an example of a card that was inspired by a swap card I received at regionals.  You can see the original card here.  I loved the colour combination in this card.  the Night of Navy, Old Olive and Whisper White are just a great, unconventional combo for Christmas.  So, with this in mind here is what I came up with (along with the help of my 3-year old son who was "helping" Mommy "do stamps" yesterday!)
Another CAS holiday card!
The snowflakes where created using the Northern Frost decorative strip die from the Holiday Mini.
The sentiment is from the Word Play stamp set in the main catalogue.  LOVE this set!
Inside sentiment from Occasional Quotes Hostess Level 3 set.
Isn't this a great colour combo?!?  I love how the Old Olive just pops against the Night of Navy.  The snowflakes are just gorgeous.  I don't know if it shows in the photo, but I covered them in Dazzling Diamond glitter and they just sparkle like crazy.  I coloured the two-tone sentiment using my markers in Real Red and Old Olive.  Besides the glitter, the only other embellishment on this card is the Old Olive satin ribbon...so rich looking.  The snowflakes inside the card are from the Snow Swirled stamp set and are stamped in Night of Navy.  I layered the sentiment on top and in the bottom corner to allow lots of space to write a greeting. 
I'm not sure why I love this card so much...but it is certainly another Stamp-A-Stack candidate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...