Monday, October 11, 2010

Still looking for the perfect Christmas card...

Last night I posted one of the projects I was working on after our day at the Rockton Fair.  Here is the second.  It's just  a clean and simple (CAS) card, but let me tell you, it took me FOREVER to get it right!  I really struggled with getting the sentiment on straight!  Normally this isn't a problem for me, but last night, after a day of rides, sun and junk food, I was having trouble seeing straight!  After MANY tries, here is what I finally came up with...
CAS card using the Peaceful Season Level 2 Hostess Set from the Mini.
Close-up of sentiment...I love this script!

Inside of card.  Sentiment and snowflakes are from the Snow Swirled set.

I am still trying to come up with a line-up of cards to use in my first Christmas Stamp-A-Stack class in November.  I have a hard time keeping cards simple...I just can't seem to stop adding embellishments and using various techniques.  The problem with that is they tend to take a while to create.  If we were only doing one card it wouldn't be a problem, but the fact that we are making 12 cards in one night means I have to keep things relatively simple.  This card shouldn't have taken me as long as it did to get right.  I just embossed the background with my Petals A Plenty folder, spritzed it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch and then layered it on brushed gold cardstock.  I stamped the earth ornament image in Crumb Cake ink on Whisper White cardstock and then stamped the sentiment right over top in Cherry Cobbler.  I punched the corners with my ticket corner punch and then layered it on brushed gold and cherry cobbler cardstock.  I wrapped a piece of Cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon around the background layer and then adhered the focal image using dimensionals.  The whole thing is mounted to a cherry cobbler card base.  For the inside I stamped the sentiment on whisper white in cherry cobbler ink and then punched it out using my decorative label punch.  I layered it over another label in cherry cobbler.  I stamped the snowflakes in crumb cake, stamping off first for the images on the sentiment piece.  I adhered the sentiment to a whisper white layer and then a brushed gold layer which I then mounted inside the card.
I really like this card.  The combination of cherry cobbler, gold and white is very appealing to me.  It is definitely a candidate for my class.  I have a few others that I came up with this afternoon that I will share with you later in the week.  In the meantime, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you fellow Canucks out there and Happy Columbus Day to our friends south of the border.  I think I'll go nibble on some turkey leftovers...

2 comments:

  1. OH Leena!!! This is gorgeous! I love how CAS this card is! So elegant. I'm sure anyone would be a happy recipient of this card! I'm sure I'll be casing this one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...