Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Shimmery Suede Christmas

I am SO tired tonight...I almost didn't post; but, I am trying to be better about posting everyday, so I dragged myself down to my stamping corner and got to work.  I was inspired by a scrap of embossed Soft Suede cardstock that was lying on my table.  So....here is what I came up with...

A shimmery suede Christmas greeting!  (the shimmer doesn`t show all that well in the photo)

I embossed the sentiment in gold.

The focal image was stamped in Soft Suede and then sponged all over with Champagne Mist shimmer paint.  The centres of the flowers are Gold Lamme Smooch accent ink.

Inside of card.  I stamped the image using Champagne Mist shimmer paint...a gorgeous effect!  It looks embossed but it isn't raised.
I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and easily this card came together...especially since I can hardly keep my eyes from crossing, I'm so tired.  I started by running a piece of Soft Suede cardstock through my Big shot with the Perfect Details texture plate.  I then sponged Champagne Mist shimmer paint all over it to give a beautiful sheen...almost looks like gold cardstock! I layered that piece on a slightly larger piece of brushed gold cardstock and then wrapped some Chantilly Lace trim around and tied a bow.  I added an antique brad which matches the colour scheme perfectly.  Then I stamped the poinsettia image (from the Bells and Boughs) set in soft suede and then sponged it with the same shimmer paint.  I added a narrow border of brushed gold cardstock that I punched with my scallop border punch.  I adhered all of it to the cardfront using dimensionals.  The sentiment (also from Bells and Boughs) was stamped in Versamark and then embossed in gold.  It was also sponged with shimmer paint so that it matched the rest of the card.  I punched it out using my Decorative Label punch and then layered it on another Soft Suede label.  I adhered it to the cardfront as well.  I added some Gold Lamme smooch accent ink to the centres of the poinsettias and some tiny pearls to the scallops and sentiment to finish it off.  the whole thing is mounted on a Very Vanilla cardfront.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the poinsettia image using the same shimmer paint.  I love the way it turned out...looking like embossing but a bit more subtle.  The sentiment is from the Snow Swirled set and is stamped in Soft Suede ink on Very Vanilla.  I again used my Decorative Label punch to cut it out, layered it on more soft suede cardstock and then adhered it using dimensionals.  The whole card took less than 15 minutes to put together.  Gotta love it when things come together quickly! 
And now...off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...