Monday, January 24, 2011

Ode to Cottage Wall...

One of my very favourite DSP packs by Stampin' Up! was the Cottage Wall DSP from last year's catalogue.  It featured the colours rich razzleberry, old olive and orchid opulence.  With the colour renovation and retirement of orchid opulence last summer, this beautiful paper was also retired.  The patterns have been reborn in this year's catty as Cottage Garden DSP, but the colours are now daffodil delight, peach parfait and old olive.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the new version (and I have a couple of cards to show you that use it) but I miss Cottage Wall.  Today's post is a little homage to that gorgeous paper; see what you think...

Thank you card using Just Believe set

Close up of focal image

Close up of sentiment

Inside of card
I am so pleased with this card!  It totally captures the essence of the Cottage Wall paper but uses all current product!  Here is what I did:
I started by inking the focal image from the Just Believe set using my rich razzleberry and old olive markers and then stamping it on whisper white cardstock.  I lightly sponged the edges of the cardstock in rich razzleberry and then adhered it to a slightly larger piece of old olive cardstock.  I then added a few little pearls to the centres of the flowers.  I then took a piece of rich razzleberry DSP from the brights stack, layered it on an old olive piece of Botanical Gazzette DSP and wrapped a piece of rich razzleberry grosgrain ribbon around it.  I adhered this to an old olive card base.  I adhered the focal image on the left side of the card front.  I tied and adhered a small bow from the same ribbon to the left of the focal image.  I then inked the sentiment image using my markers again and stamped it on whisper white.  I fussy-cut it out, added some pearls and adhered it to the right of the focal image using dimensionals.  I then ran a piece of vellum cardstock through my Big Shot with my Beautiful Wings embosslit, sponged two of the butterflies with rich razzleberry and adhered them to the cardfront using glue dots.  I bent the wings up so they had some dimension.  The final touch on the front was to add the pearls in the lower right-hand corner.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the same focal image in old olive ink.  I coloured and stamped the sentiment panel and cut it out.  I layered it over a piece of rich razzleberry DSP and adhered it using dimensionals, adding a little pearl to one of the flowers to tie it all together.
This card was pretty quick and easy...and is very Cottage Wall-y!  Just wait till tomorrow when I'll give you a little taste of the Cottage Garden DSP!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I loved that paper, too, and have some treasured pieces left. Hmmmm.... time to dig them out, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...