Friday, January 21, 2011

A Weekend Me-treat!

Tonight I am posting from U-Treat...a weekend stamping and scrapping getaway run by my upline.  I'm sitting alone in my hotel room...nobody to bug me or interrupt...I spent the evening stamping and hanging out with my stamping buddies.  It truly doesn't get any better than this!!!  I will have LOTS to share after this weekend!

For tonight I am going to show you a birthday card I made for my stampin' buddy Christine.  Her birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I've been driving around with this card in my car since.  I finally got around to giving it to her tonight, so I can finally post it for you all to see! 

Birthday card using Fine Flourish A La Carte stamp and Watercolour Trio set

Close up of focal image

Close up of sentiment with lots of bling!

Inside of card...more bling here...

I even stamped the front of the envelope!
Ok...so this card is a wee bit over the top but I had to do my best for a good stamping friend.  Here is what I did...
Starting with a square piece of watercolour paper, stamp the Fine flourish image using Versamark and then heat emboss it in white.  Spray the whole thing with water and then add drops of reinker in baja breeze,  perfect plum and pretty in pink.  Allow the water on the paper to move the ink around.  Let dry (you can speed up the process by using your heat tool to dry it out!).  Once dry add rhinestones.  Layer the focal image on slightly larger squares in very vanilla and baja breeze cardstock that have been lightly sponged in perfect plum and baja breeze ink respectively.  Set this aside then take a larger square of Elegant Soiree DSP and add a border of dotted scalloped ribbon punch-outs all the way around it.  You will need to do some careful trimming at the corners, but it can be done!  Adhere the focal image to the DSP square using SNAIL adhesive.  Wrap some baja breeze seam binding ribbon around opposite corners; tie a bow and adhere it in the upper left corner.  Then adhere the whole thing to a 5" square card base in perfect plum.  For the sentiment, stamp in perfect plum ink on very vanilla cardstock and punch it out using the large oval punch.  Sponge the edges in perfect plum.  Adhere to a scalloped oval punch out in baja breeze.  Paper pierce each scallop on the oval.  Adhere this piece to a decorative label in perfect plum and another in very vanilla.  Add rhinestones and adhere to card using dimensionals.
For the inside, punch the lower edge of a square of DSP using the eyelet border punch.  Adhere inside card.  Add rhinestones.  Stamp sentiment in perfect plum on very vanilla, punch out using 1 3/8" square punch and round the corners.  Layer on a scalloped square in perfect plum and adhere using dimensionals. 
For the envelope image, I used the Fine Flourish stamp again but used the "rock and roll" technique with baja breeze and perfect plum before stamping it.
I was happy with the way this turned out and, I'm glad to say, Christine liked it too!

More from U-treat tomorrow...for now I'm off to bed to enjoy an uninterrupted night's sleep!

1 comment:

  1. This card is SO pretty IRL! I LOVED it, belated or otherwise!
    It may be a little 'over the top', but you know all the work was much appreciated by me!
    Thanks again, and thanks for not mentioning my age!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...