Friday, January 7, 2011

Valentine for my hubby

I just recently got  the Puns from the Past stamp set.  It is one that I have long covetted and am thrilled to finally own!  Last weekend I put it to good use creating this Valentine for my husband:

Masculine Valentine made  using Puns from the Past and Broadsheet Alphabet stamp sets

Close up of focal image

Inside of card
I was rather pleased with the way this turned out.  As with most of my projects I started not really knowing where it was going.  I knew I wanted to use the Love Letters DSP and the Puns from the Past set...other than that I had no real plan for this card!  In the end, here is what I ended up doing:
Using a large clear block, I positioned the "U" & "R" from the Broadsheet Alphabet set together and then stamped them on very vanilla cardstock in cherry cobbler ink (this was before I realized the red in the paper was riding hood red!).  I punched it out using my 2 1/2" circle punch.  I then stamped the typewriter in basic black and sponged the edges in the same colour.  I added a distressed piece of riding hood red striped ribbon and then layered the focal image on a 3" circle cut from Love Letter DSP using my Circle Scissor Plus.  I then layered that on a 3 1/2" circle cut from basic black cardstock.  On a separate piece of very vanilla, I stamped the sentiment again, punching it out with my word window punch.  Because the sentiment is quite short, I reinserted the punched piece into the punch and punched it again, shortening it.  I adhered the sentiment using a dimensional.  To construct the card, I started with a 5" x 5" card base in basic black.  I layered a 4 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Love Letter DSP on top and then added another layer of Newsprint DSP on top of that.  I adhered the focal image centred on the card base.  I punched out several hearts using my heart to heart punch and added them in the corners, popping some up with dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the typewriter on a piece of very vanilla textured cardstock, sponged the edges in black and layered it on another piece of Love Letters DSP.  On a separate piece of very vanilla cs I stamped the "I" & "U" from the broadsheet alphabet set and punched it out using the 2 1/2" circle punch.  I sponged the edges in basic black, added another heart from my heart to heart punch and adhered the whole thing to the inside of the card.
Many of us stampers often struggle with making masculine cards.  That's one of the reasons I wanted the Puns from  The Past set...it works really well for the men in our lives!  I think my hubby will like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...