Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Can't Believe its over!

How is it that two weeks can fly by so quickly when one is on holidays, yet they crawl when one is at work?  I simply can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow!  I could SO use another couple of days to get caught up on all those household jobs that never seem to get done when one is working (you know...cleaning out closets, reorganizing etc).  I had a huge list and haven't even touched it!  Between Christmas preparations, visits with family and a wedding to attend, my list will have to wait until March break, I'm afraid.
I did manage to get some stamping time in and have some things to show you.  I'll start where I left off a couple of posts ago and show you the card my son and I did for my mom's birthday.  Well, he chose the stamp set and paper, I did the rest!

Card for grandma from my 3 year old using Friends Furever set

Close up of the cute little doggie focal image.

Inside of card with what my son told me to write to his Grammy.  This is a recordable sound card, hence the "press here" at the bottom.  We recorded my son singing Happy Birthday...my mom will LOVE it!
When the new catty came out last July one of the first sets that jumped out at me was Friends Furever...I just loved the little dogs and all the accessories that make this set so versatile.  I recently earned some free stamp sets through the Stampin' Start program and I finally got my hands on this sweet set.  When I asked my son to choose stamps to make Grammy's birthday card I was mighty pleased that this was the one he chose!  He also chose the Play Date DSP which made this card really easy to put together. Here is what I did...
Because I was using a recordable sound card, I began with a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of tempting turquoise cardstock.  I then layered a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of the DSP, which I had wrapped with a piece of so saffron grosgrain ribbon (left over from SAB 2 years ago!), on top.  For the focal image, I stamped the images on watercolour paper in black Staz-On and then coloured them using my blender pens and Stampin' Pastels.  I have to say I'm not the greatest when it comes to shading and colouring, but my mom won't notice!  I layered the coloured image on slightly larger pieces of so saffron and real red cardstock and then adhered them to the cardfront using dimensionals.  The sentiment is from the new Create a Cupcake set in the Occasions Mini.  I stamped it in tempting turquoise ink on whisper white cardstock, punched it out with the word window punch and then sponged the edges.  I adhered that to another word window punch out in real red and then adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  To add a little whimsy, I added a little real red button for the wheel of the wagon and three old olive buttons to the ribbon.
For the inside of the card I started the same way with tempting turquoise cardstock and Play Date DSP.  I then stamped the images on a larger piece of watercolour paper (the cakes are from the Birthday Bakery hostess level 1 set), and coloured them in the same way.  The sentiment is from another level one hostess set called Afterthoughts.  I punched it out and mounted it in the same way I did the sentiment on the front. 
My son was very pleased with how this turned out and must have played the recording of himself singing 15 times before I made him stop for fear he'd kill the battery before my mom even got the card!  I think she'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...