Sunday, January 16, 2011

Girlie Valentines

So I've shown you my kid Valentines and my manly ones too...now here is something for us girls.  I love the combination of pink pirouette and basic gray together.  Not quite the early 90's (for those of you who remember the dusty rose and gray decorating trend) but a fresh, feminine, update.  I also love the pink patterns in the Love Impressions DSP, so I used a bunch and came up with this little box and cards.

Feminine Valentines using Love Impressions DSP and Valentine Defined set

Card #1 using petal card punch and Cute By the Inch level 2 hostess set.

Card #2 also using the petal card punch (as the pocket for the full heart punch) and the Valentine Defined set.

Card #3 using Tiny Tags  set.
I think I like this set best of the three I've done.  I really like the pale pink and gray with the whisper white to ground it all.  Here is a quick rundown of what I did for each card:
Card #1:  Pink Pirouette base layered with Love Impressions DSP.  Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (from the Clearance Rack blitz last fall) wrapped around DSP before adhering.  Image from Cute by the Inch set stamped in pink pirouette on whisper white and cut out.  Adhere to basic gray petal card punch.  Add pink flower brad and adhere to card using dimensionals.
Card #2:  Pink Pirouette base layered with DSP.  Petal card punch in basic gray.  Fold in 2 petals and adhere to form pocket.  Stamp sentiment from Valentine Defined set in basic gray on pink pirouette cardstock.  Punch out using full heart punch.  Adhere inside pocket using glue dots.  Thread button with pink embroidery floss and adhere to front of pocket with glue dots.  Adhere pocket to card using Tombow. 
Card #3:  Whisper White base layered with basic gray and DSP.  Stamp sentiment from Tiny Tags set on whisper white and punch out using medium jewelry tag punch.  Adhere tag to back of brad using glue dot.  Wrap ribbon around brad and insert brad in pre-punched hole in top layer.  Adhere all layers using SNAIL.
There are two of each card design in the box along with little envelopes.  This set will be offered as part of my "Feel the Love" class in early February...stay tuned for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...