Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cute manly Valentines?

After creating my kids' valentines that you saw yesterday, I decided I had better do something for the men in my life (my hubby, brother, father etc).  I decided to stick with the mini-cards-in-a-box-theme and try to do a set that would be appropriate to give to men.  This is what I came up with...

Little box of "manly" 3x3 valentine's cards.

Design #1

Design #2

Design #3
Since I was trying to make these semi-masculine, I refrained from using most of my pretty little embellishments.  In fact, these cards are downright naked!  I pretty much stuck to DSP, cardstock and stamps.  The only exception is design #2 where I used one of our new bevelled window panes to highlight the word "love" in the DSP.  In order to attach the window pane I used a wee bit of retired taffeta ribbon and some embroidery floss.  As for the stamps I used, the typewriter image is from the Puns from the Past set and the valentine definition is from the Valentine Defined set.  The DSP is the Love Impressions pack from the Occasions Mini.  The box contains 2 of each design for a total of 6.  Now I just have to think of 6 men I know well enough to send these to...they just aren't pretty enough for my girl friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...