Monday, June 23, 2014

Blended Paperpieced Bloom

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend!!  The weather here was simply perfect once again, but I was busy in my soon-to-be craft room most of the weekend.  My little piece of stamping heaven is coming along.  It won't be long till the big reveal...stay tuned ;)
I was so busy I completely forgot to post my project for this week's challenge over at The Technique Twist.  This time we are working on 3D Paperpiecing...a fussy, labour intensive technique that we experimented with to find ways to make it a little less daunting.  Here is my take on it:

Thank you card featuring the Blended Bloom and Banner Banter stamp sets
Instead of colouring the entire image, I paper-pieced different patterns of DSP for the various layers of the flower.  Here is a side-view:


I added shadows and coloured the centre with Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.  To get the dimension I burnished the wrong side of the layers with a stylus on a piercing mat.  It causes the paper to curl ever so slightly...you have to take care not to press too hard when burnishing so as not to tear the paper.

The sentiment in the banner is from the new Banner Banter stamp set.  I love all the little sentiments that fit perfectly inside the Banner punch.  For the background I used the Pretty Print TIEF (retired)...sure wish that one was still available...it is one of my favourites!
I used a few little In-colour sequins and some Hello Honey stain ribbon to pretty this one up.  What's not to love about ribbon and bling??

4 comments:

  1. Upon my first view of your card, I really thought the flower looked 3D....then, naturally, I read your description. The flower is awesome, as is the card! ...still kicking myself for not purchasing that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the paper piecing Leena!! As well as the ribbon for leaves... nice touch! That stamp is so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the paper piecing Leena !!! Makes me want to run downstairs and try it too! That stamp is so versatile. Everyone should have it in their collection! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leena, this card is precious. I'm not into coloring, but doing paper piecing on this flower intrigues me. You did a beautiful thing here. I love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...