Saturday, June 7, 2014

New and Innovative at the Twist

Happy Saturday!  Today is going to be absolutely perfect weather-wise, so I am typing this post early so that I can get out and enjoy the beautiful sunshine!  It's time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist and this time we are challenging you to use new products and/or existing products in an innovative way.  As you likely are aware, the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue went live this week and I have had fun playing with some new goodies.  I decided to try using one of the Everyday Adventure Project Life cards, intended for scrapbooking, as to basis for a card design.  Here is what I came up with:

Any occasion card featuring one of the Everyday Adventure Project Life cards.
I chose a 4"x4" card that had a pre-printed greeting and lots of colour and pattern, then I began experimenting with different design elements until I was satisfied with the result.  I did end up cutting down the PL card to 3-3/4" square so that I could layer it to add more colour.

The little banners were punched using the banner punch and I used the Decorative Dots TIEF on the background.

For the inside I used a sentiment from the Really Good Greetings set that seems to work well with the sentiment on the front.  Of course I couldn't resist adding a wee bit of bling to finish it off ;)

I hope your Saturday is a fabulous one...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...