Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ninja Turtle Birthday

This past weekend my son was invited to a Ninja Turtle-themed birthday party.  Of course that meant that Mommy had to design an appropriate card for the birthday boy.  Here is what I came up with...

Ninja Turtle birthday card featuring the Alphabet Rotary stamp and the Age Awareness stamp set.

Best thing about this card?  I got to use some of my new toys from my first new catty order!  I used the Alphabet Rotary stamp for "Its Your..." and "Cowabunga" and the Age Awareness set for "Birthday".  I also used the Stars Framelits and the Triangles TIEF to do the inlaid embossing technique on the background.


To create Raphael (I'm told that's the correct name for "The Red Guy" as I typically call him) I used Ovals and Circles Framelits (though I can't tell you which ones because I forgot to write it down and, of course, I no longer have the card to check!) and some leftover Gumball Green Core'dinations card stock.  The tails on the mask are cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits (the curvy one).  The eyes and nostrils are from the Owl Builder punch and the mouth is done with the Large Oval punch.

Inside view with sentiments from the Endless Birthday Wishes and Alphabet rotary stamps.
On the inside I stamped a couple of stars from the recently-retired Simply Stars set (won't be getting rid of that one anytime soon!).  The "hope it's an..." is from the Endless Birthday Wishes set and "Awesome Day" is again stamped using the Alphabet Rotary stamp (such an awesome tool!!).
I guess Mommy done good...the card was a hit and my boy was happy :)  Once in a while, Mommy gets it right!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...