Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday Man-card

Happy Monday!!  The end is near...just three more weeks till I'm finished at school for another year!  My son is finished this Friday (Mommy's just a weeeee bit jealous!!)...I can't believe he's done grade one!
Today I have a Man-card for you.  Father's Day is coming up next weekend and I've been busy creating cards for the men in my life.  This one will be for my dad, who will be spending the weekend with us!  This will be the first Father's Day in 10 years I've been able to spend with my dad...so special!  Here is the card I made for him:

Masculine card featuring the World Map background stamp, Traveller stamp set and the new Alphabet Rotary stamp
I pulled out my new Alphabet Rotary stamp for the sentiment on this one...I love how easy is it to create any sentiment I want.  I think this may well become one of my favourite new products.
To create the background I stamped the World Map using Staz-On ink and then sponged the land masses with Hello Honey ink and the bodies of water with Lost Lagoon.  Then I sponged the entire thing with Soft Suede....I love the way it antiques those vibrant shades!  The best part is that I didn't have to try to be super-precise with my sponging.  I cut the background panel into four parts and matted them on a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock.

The focal image, from the Traveller stamp set, is stamped in Staz-on and sponged very lightly with the same shades I used on the background to add just a hint of colour.  I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to ink the letters on the Alphabet Rotary stamp and then cut the whole thing out with the Circles Collection Framelits.  The frame is cut from Early Espresso card stock.  I added some Burlap Trim and an Antique Brad by way of embellishment.

Inside view with sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes
On the inside I stamped the globe again, this time in Early Espresso ink.  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Lost Lagoon ink and trimmed it into a banner, leaving me lots of space to write and tell my dad just how special he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...