Friday, June 15, 2012

Another Big Baby

Today I have another big baby card for you.  I have to say, of the bunch, this is my favourite so far.  It is by no means simple, but I just think its really cute.  Check it out:

Sweet baby card featuring the Well Scripted stamp set (retired) and the Advanced Faux Quilting technique
Sweet, eh?  I think the recipient will love it.  She is having a girl, but she's not the frilly-pink type, so I decided to play down the pink and focus on cute girlie details like the eyelet trim and little buttons.  I used the Advanced Faux quilting technique for the background, but had to splice together two lattice die cuts to make it big enough for this jumbo card.  I think it works and isn't too obvious where the joint is.  The colour scheme is about as baby as it gets:  Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum.  The bear is made using retired Creamy Caramel cardstock...it just is the perfect brown for bears and I am hoarding my leftover stash for occasions just like this.  The little teeny buttons are from this past spring's Occasions Mini.  I also used some white satin ribbon (retired) and the eyelet border punch (retired, but available on the Clearance Rack!)  The card base is stamped with the ABC background stamp that just retired on May 31st...so perfect for cards for little ones!  This weekend I HAVE to get the rest of these jumbo cards done, so I'll definitely have more to show you next week.  In the meantime, TGIF and have a great weekend!  Don't forget to be good to dear ol' Dad on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. teddy bear on a baby blanket is a wonderful baby card! It's a gift itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the title of this post!! Made me laugh! I will never tire of seeing this cute little bear!
    Great card and I'm sure the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...