Monday, June 11, 2012

International Bazaar

Tonight I have my monthly team meeting for my Tri-City Stampers team.  A big part of our meetings is always fun make-n-takes.  This month I wanted to highlight some of the wonderful new products in the catalogue that members of my team may not have had a chance to order yet.  One of my favourite new DSP packs is International Bazaar.  It has such a wonderful variety of rich colours and patterns I just had to pull it out for this project.  Have a look:

Congratulations card featuring the Herringbone technique using the new International Bazaar DSP.  Sentiment is from Layer Labels.
Aren't those colours fabulous??  They are so vibrant and rich , yet they all work so well together.  Another neat thing about this DSP is that is uses Bravo Burgundy!!  I so rarely use that colour it was good to pull it out again.  I only wish I had ribbon in that shade, as I would have preferred it to the Daffodil Delight I ended up using.  This DSP also offers lots of possibilities for masculine cards, which so many of us struggle with.
To create the background I used the Herringbone technique, which was one that was featured at the demo event I participated in last weekend.  What a great way to add WOW to a project without a lot of effort (or expense!).  Because the background has so much going on I kept the rest of the card simple, adding only the sentiment from the Layered Labels set that I cut out with my new Apothecary Accents framelits.  I heat embossed the sentiment in gold and added an antique brad (once again the perfect finishing touch!).  I hope my team members enjoy making this card and grow to love the International Bazaar DSP as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...