Saturday, June 30, 2012

Playing with Les Papillions

I love butterflies.  I plant flowers in my garden that I know will attract them.  I so enjoy spending summer afternoons on my deck, reading and watching for the colourful winged visitors to my little patch of paradise.  When I first saw the the Papillion Potpourri set in the new catty and then saw the coordinating punch I have to admit I did a little happy dance.  I SO LOVE them both.  So why is it, you might ask, that it has taken me this long to finally make a card using them?  The answer:  my real job gets in the way of my fun.  Now that the school year is finally over (LAST DAY TODAY!!!) I will have more time to play...and believe me, play I will.  So, here, without further ado, is today's project...

Any-occasion card featuring the Papillion Potpourri stamp set with sentiment from Sweet Essentials
Isn't that little butterfly just the sweetest?  I knew as soon as I saw that particular butterfly image that I wanted to pair it with this pattern in the Twitterpated DSP pack.  They work rather nicely together, no?  I kept the colour scheme simple, using Basic Gray in addition to the Riding Hood Red and Whisper White.  I am really wishing I had some of the Basic Gray stitched grosgrain ribbon...I think it would have worked better than the white here...guess what's on my next order??
Oh...before I forget...here's a little tip for using the new Finishing Touches Edgelit that I used here (on the decorative grey border):  the first time you use it you will find that all the little bits from the holes get stuck in the die.  I was going to take the time to clean them all out but then got distracted and never got around to it.  SO glad I didn't!  When I used it to cut the border on this card, the little bits were still stuck in the die.  I didn't think too much about it until I ran it through my Big Shot and, lo and behold, the little bits stayed in the holes that I had cut, rather than in the die!  I just had to pop them out (a little rolling of the card stock did the trick).  So...the moral of the story is, don't clean the bits out of your die after the first use.  Leave 'em there and make your life SO much easier!

5 comments:

  1. L-O-V-E this card - beautiful work as always Leena! Thank you for the tip regarding the Edgelit

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love it very cute TFS!
    melissastampingvoila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card! And now I might just get those Edgelits after all... I was avoiding this one in particular because I didn't want to pop pieces out... thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! Your dsp coordinates with your blog banner too. Bonus!!! Great tip on the edgelit. I haven't used mine yet, but love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this set and punch too as you well know!
    Great card! I love this Edgelit too and did not clean it out either!!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...