Monday, June 4, 2012

Vintage Dad

Next weekend I am participating in a demo-only event being held by my upline.  I've been asked to participate in a forum of sorts in which I will demonstrate the Faux Patina technique.  Yesterday I spent time creating my samples for the event:  a card, a 3D item and a scrapbook layout that all use that technique.  Today I have the card to show you.  It is another masculine card (good thing Father's Day will soon be here!) which qualifies it for this week's challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.  Have a look...

Father's Day card for SR126 using the Faux Patina technique and featuring the Artistic Etchings stamp set.
Hmmm...looking at this photo I realize it is a bit overexposed.  The focal image isn't actually that stark white!  Ah well, you get the idea...no time for a retake!  In making this card, I experimented with various embossing powders.  I like the pewter powder best, which is what I used for this card.  Gonna need to order more of that stuff...so glad it carried over into the new Catty!! 
This card uses tons of my favourite products:  First Edition DSP...that's one I don't think I could live without...and then there are those antique brads...haven't used them in a while but they are still my all-time favourite embelly!   Of course, those gorgeous images are from one of my fav stamp sets:  Artistic Etchings...I will cry long and loud if they ever retire that one! 
Not sure if I'll send this one to my dad...he's not the world-traveling type.  If I don't I can easily switch up the little tag for a friend's birthday...gotta love convertible cards!

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Leena. Love the pewter powder too. Can't wait until next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome card Leena! Lots going on and you've pulled it all together...naturally :-)
    Saturday is going to be a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...