Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pretty Poppies for the Monkey

I am a guest designer for this week's sketch challenge over at A La Card Monkey, and today I get to share my take on the sketch with you.  The sketch is really simple so I kept my card likewise, though I had to add a few little embellies ;).  First of all, here is the sketch:

 Now, I have no real need for a graduation card just now, so the ladies over at the Monkey gave us the option of doing another themed card.  So...here it is:

Simple card for Monkey111 featuring Floral District DSP with sentiment from Loving Thoughts
Now, I haven't managed to get my hands on the fabulous new poppy background stamp from the new catty yet.  Sadly we can't overnight our orders here in Canada (good thing 'cuz I'd spend WAY too much on shipping!).  The focal image on this card is actually from the Floral District DSP.  I just cut my paper to highlight some of those beautiful poppies, matted it on a layer of card stock and voila...ink-free focal image!  The only stamping on this card is the sentiment, which is from the Loving Thoughts stamp set (a carry-over from the most recent mini). 
If you've got a spare hour this afternoon, drop on by for my New Catty Open House and Out-With-The-Old Yard Sale.  It's going to be lots of fun and you are guaranteed to find some great deals.  I just finished laying out all of my sale items and (yikes!) there is a lot of stuff!!  My 5-year-old son said "Wow Mommy...why are you covering all of our tables with your stamps?" Out of the mouths of babes...
Stop by between 1:00 and 4:00 and check it out (and help me unload some retired product...I don't want to have to haul it all back down to my stampin' corner...where would I put it?!?)  Hope to see you soon...have a happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I love that Floral District dsp! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week at A La Card Monkey. I wish you great success at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Floral District dsp! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week at A La Card Monkey. I wish you great success at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stamp Sale!!!! I want to go! Your card is simple and Beautiful! love it when people use the DSP as a focal point... I just hate covering it sometimes! I hope your sale went great! I don't think I am selling any of my stuff this year, just going to build more shelves! LOL Thanks for being a GD for us this week we really loved your card!!

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...