Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Baby's Graduating!

My son is graduating from preschool today...ready for big-kid school in September.  To thank his wonderful teachers I made some cute little gifts (more on those later) and cards for each of them.  Today I have one of the two designs for you.  I based the layout on this week's sketch challenge over at Pals Paper Arts.  First, here is the sketch:

PPA137

And here is my teacher-thank-you version:

Teacher Thank-you Card for PPA137 featuring the (retired) First Day stamp set, the new Storytime DSP and sentiment from the Family Reunion stamp set.
Fun, eh?  I have had this set since it was in the Summer Mini two years ago...I've been waiting to use it and this was the perfect occasion to ink it up!  I stamped the little bookworm and the apples in Staz-on and coloured them with my markers and blender pen.  I love that little worm...he's so cute!  The A+ is from the same set and looks fantastic stamped with my new edition Real Red ink pad...such awesome coverage!  What makes this card, however, is the DSP!  I fell in love with this paper as soon as I saw it in the catalogue. The images are so retro and fun and remind me of the Readers I had when I was in school.  Of course, the images also speak to the teacher in me, so how could I not snap up a pack with my first new catty order?!  Today I get to attend the little graduation ceremony..can't wait to watch my baby walk the across the stage to get his certificate!  Now to figure out how NOT to cry...*sniff*...

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered that DSP and can't wait to work with it! I'm sure Max's teachers will love their cards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...