Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy New Catty!!!


Today is the day we've all been anticipating for months.  The new Annual Catalogue goes live TODAY!  We can begin placing orders today at Noon MT...let me tell you, I've got a whopper to go in as soon as I get home from work!
Speaking of work, I have the last of the cards I made for my retiring colleagues.  This one is for our Office Manager, who is one of the nicest, most helpful, kindest ladies you will ever meet.  She is also the one who runs our entire school.  Some schools are run by the principal...ours is run by this lady.  She is the BEST and we will sorely miss her when she is gone.  She is a former student of our school, so retiring is a HUGE deal for her...she has been at our school, literally, her whole life!  Here is the very special card I made for her...

Pretty card for a special lady, featuring the Bordering on Romance stamp set with sentiment from Loving Thoughts.
As you can imagine, creating a card big enough for more than 60 people to sign is a challenge.  In order to create a focal image large enough for such a big card, I stamped the floral image several times and then coloured it using markers and a blender pen.  Believe it or not, the blossoms only use the Ridinghood Red marker...it really blends and shades beautifully.  Some of the flowers are fussy-cut and popped up to give dimension.  I've decided I really love the combination of Ridinghood Red and Baja Breeze.  I need to use it again on a more typically-sized project!

Now I'm off to finish the final preparations for my big Open House tomorrow.  If you haven't already RSVP'd, no worries.  Just stop by any time between 1 and 4...see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Leena!!! I know she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some many wonderful new elements to play with! The color combo is lovely together and the fussy cut flowers are just right to give the card depth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...