Saturday, June 16, 2012

One in a Million Birthday

Today is my friend's birthday and, while  I remembered her birthday was coming up, and on several occasions thought about mailing her a card, sadly, I have not yet done so.  I am THE WORST when it comes to sending cards!!  I make dozens and dozens of them and they rarely see the inside of an envelope!  Today's project is one I designed for my techniques group that met this past week with the intention of sending it to my friend when I was done with it.  It is still sitting on my stamping table.  She'll get it next week and not be in the least bit surprised that I'm late...again!  I used this week's sketch over at Mojo Monday as my inspiration.  I made a few alterations to the original sketch, moving a few elements around. Here is the sketch:

And here is my version:

Birthday card for MOJO245 featuring the Tie-dye technique and Betsy's Blossoms stamp set with sentiment from One in a Million

Inside view
Fun and bright, eh?  I used the Tie-dye technique with Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo to stamp the flowers from Betsy's Blossoms.  The leaves and sentiment are stamped in Gumball Green.  In case you're wondering what the DSP is, it is from the International Bazaar pack...so in love with that paper!  I also broke in my new chevron embossing folder...love that one too! 
I have SO much to do this weekend...two classes next week to prep for, a new project to design for another guest designer gig and more BIG cards to make for work...I need a four-day weekend!!  The good news is that I'll have lots to share with you next week!  In the meantime, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...