Thursday, June 14, 2012

XL Baby

I'm back at designing over-sized cards again!  This time they are for babies...or at least baby showers.  There is a bit of a baby boom on our staff at school and I have been charged with making the cards for each of the moms-to-be.  Again, they have to be big cards to allow for about 30 or so signatures, so I am working with a much larger canvas than usual.  Today I have the first design for you.  This mom doesn't know what she's having so I tried to keep it somewhat gender-neutral.  Have a look...

Simple Baby card featuring the Letter It alphabet set.
Pretty simple, eh?  I liked the idea of doing a banner using the Letter It alphabet set.  I also used a couple of retired products on this card:  Nursery Nest DSP (from last year's catty) and the mini clothespins.  I really loved those little things but found them a wee bit large to use on a standard-sized card.  Not so with a jumbo one...they are just perfect!  I drew my colour scheme from the DSP:  Pear Pizzazz (miss that In-Colour!), Perfect Plum and Blushing Bride (miss that one too!).  I hung my little banner from some white baker's twine and popped up both the banners and the letters with dimensionals.  I hope the recipient of this card likes it...she is part of my monthly Inky Paws club that I run at work, so I know she'll appreciate the work that goes into a handmade card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...