Sunday, June 10, 2012

Whew!

What a busy weekend this has been!  I don't know how it could possibly be Sunday evening already, but here we are on the brink of yet another work week!  The good news is that I only have three more until school is done for the year...yay summer!!  I am SOOO ready for a break from disrespectful, unmotivated teenagers!!  I get to spend all summer home with my boy...so looking forward to it! 
As you may recall, yesterday I took part in a demo-only event here in Cambridge. I did a demo-theatre bit featuring the Faux Patina technique, which everyone loved.  I am amazed that more people aren't' familiar with that fabulous technique!  We also had opportunity to make several great projects and today I want to show you one I especially loved.  It was designed by Denise Donald...have a look:

Birthday card featuring the Advanced Faux Quilting technique and using a fun fancy fold.

Side view to show the cool fold.
Isn't that fun??  I really love this faux quilting technique...so much so that I used it on another project I created today that you'll see later this week.  I also really like this fold...it is so unusual and a great change from standard-sized cards.  In case you're wondering, the DSP is from the Patio Party pack and the sentiment is from the new Memorable Moments set.  I also added a bit of the gorgeous stitched satin ribbon in Midnight Muse...so rich-looking and easy to work with!  Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us Denise!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Leena. I love how you added the ribbon and the sentiment to enhance the card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...