Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Kindness for the Players

Well, I survived getting yet another year older...hard to believe I'm THIS old!!  Many, many thanks to all who left kind wishes in their comments on my big day.  It was so nice to have my cyber-friends wishing me well.  I was chatting with an old friend from my university days on Monday when she called to wish me a happy birthday.  We realized that next May will mark 20 years since we graduated together!!  How the heck did that happen?!?  Neither of us feel any older and she certainly doesn't look older (that's what not having kids will do for you!), yet almost 20 years have passed since we walked the hallowed halls of Queen's University (GO GAELS!). 
Anyhow...enough waxing nostalgic!  On to some stamping!  I finally got a chance to play tonight after all the birthday hoopla died down.  I headed over to one of my favourite challenge sites,  The Paper Players, to get my mojo working.  This week's challenge is a simple sketch that left itself  open to SO many possibilities!  I pulled out one of my new, as yet uninked, sets from the new catty.  First, here's the sketch...

 


...and here's my take on it:

Thank you card for PP101 featuring the Blooming With Kindness set with sentiment  from Lovely Little Labels
Lots of fab new product on this one!  In addition to the two stamp sets, I used Comfort Cafe DSP and Natural Composition Specialty Paper.  Peeking out from behind the flower is a doily cut with the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet.  The flower itself was cut with the new Floral Frames Framelits and I cut the decorative edge on the blue layer behind the DSP using the Finishing Touches Edgelits.  That gorgeous ribbon is the new Stitched Satin...so love that stuff.  (Are you impressed...I remembered all those names without looking at my catty!!).  To stamp the flower I first inked it with Summer Starfruit and then tapped my More  Mustard marker randomly all  over.  The result is a subtly shaded flower.  To soften it, I sponged it all over with Crumb Cake ink.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Lots of new products on this card! Yes, I'm impressed that you remembered the names....I never would, you know that! Belated Happy Birthday wishes Leena! Hope you had a good day and remember....I'm way older that you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a rich looking card Leena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a beautiful card :) I'm feeling inspired! Gr8 job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...