Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Remember when...

As I was designing my scrapbook layout for my demonstration coming up this Saturday I found myself struggling to design a page without an actual photo to work with.  So I dug through my wedding photos and found one that worked perfectly with the Faux Patina technique.  It was done in sepia, which worked so well with what I wanted to do.  Have a look...

8 x 8" scrapbook layout featuring the Faux Patina technique and using a sentiment from the Word Play stamp set.
So....this whole scrapbooking thing is WAY out of my comfort zone.  I am an instant gratification kinda gal...I like to sit down for a couple of hours and have a finished project...hence my tendency to gravitate toward mini albums and cards.  I have never done an entire scrapbook in my life, though I likely should get started if I am ever going to do something with the thousands of baby pictures we took of my son!  Since I had to do a layout for this demonstration I decided to go with an 8x8...didn't want to try a 12x12 just yet.  I have to say I am quite pleased with the way this turned out...I may even frame it!  I especially like the little bouquet of satin roses (retired)...reminds me of my wedding dress!  I also like that my husband is wearing that crazy top hat in this photo...makes it look all the more vintage.  He's also holding a cane...went all-out at the tuxedo rental place (they saw him coming!).  I didn't even know he was doing all of that until he showed up at the wedding!  Anyhow...it was a great day...seems like just yesterday, yet we're celebrating our 8th anniversary this fall!  Hard to believe, yet when we look in the mirror we sure look a whole lot older...funny how that happens!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! love how you did the Faux stuff. The colors are perfect!!

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...