Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Emerging Butterflies

Today I have a card I designed for my monthly techniques group that meets this week.  It uses a technique sometimes known as Emerging Colours or Joseph's coat.  Whatever you call it, it is gorgeous!  Have a look:
Pretty any-occasion card featuring the Emerging Colours technique and the Creative Elements and Itty Bitty Banners stamp sets.
Once again, I couldn't resist pulling out some of my new catty goodies!  The DSP in the background is from the Patio Party pack...lots to love in there, but my favourite pattern is definitely these little bitty butterflies. To get the multi-coloured butterflies on the focal image I sponged Summer Starfruit, Baja Breeze and Primrose Petals ink on a square of whisper white randomly.  I then stamped the butterfly image from Creative Elements in Versamark and clear embossed them.  I then brayerd on Midnight Muse ink, covering the sponged colour.  The embossing resists the ink, so I wiped off the excess with a paper towel and voila...butterflies that pop out in vibrant colour.  I added some stitched satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit and a butterfly punched, with the new Elegant Butterfly punch, in Primrose Petals.  I added a rhinestone body to the butterfly, as well as a little banner and one of the to-die-for little In-Colour Dahlias.  Gotta love new stuff!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...