Monday, March 10, 2014

Cool Kid

Happy Monday...and happy March Break!  I am so happy to have a week off work to spend at home with my boy.  We have lots of fun activities planned (plus a little stamping time for Mommy too!).  Here is a card I put together that I plan to tuck into my son's lunchbox when he heads back to school next week to remind him how much I love him and how much fun I had being home with him this week:

Any-occasion card featuring the Cool Kid stamp set and Fresh Prints DSP

When I first saw the Cool Kid stamp set in the Occasions Catalogue I knew I had to own it.  I have so very few fun stamp sets for kids and this one is so versatile!

Here are some quick tips for putting this one together:

  • I stamped the cat in Crumb Cake ink and die cut the banner using the Banners Framelits.  The bow tie is stamped in Coastal Cabana and adhered with a dimensional.
  • The background is embossed using the Decorative Dots TIEF.  The red banner is embossed using the Arrows TIEF.
  • Both pieces of DSP are from the Fresh Prints stack.
  • The airplaine is stamped, fussy cut and then adhered with a dimensional.
  • The Linen Thread was originally tied in a bow...I accidentally snipped one of the loops of the bow, liked the look and snipped the second loop.
  • I die cut the right edge of the chevron patterned DSP using the Finishing Touches Edgelits.
 On the inside I stamped the sentiment using Real Red ink, the loop and the airplane using black Staz On.  Simple, easy and fun...just what I'm hoping this March Break will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...