Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Minion Madness!!

Well I finally got my stamping stuff put back together sufficiently to allow me to get the invitations finished for my son's 7th birthday party.  This year it is a Minion theme!  If you don't have kids you likely have no idea what I'm talking about, but minions are the cute little critters from the Despicable Me movies.  Here is the invitation I made:

Birthday party invitation featuring a punch art Minion!
Cute, huh?  My son loves them, so I guess that's all that matters, but it's nice when I like it too!!  To put this guy together I pretty much followed the tutorial by Donna S I found HERE.  I changed the shape of the head by using one of the Ovals Collection Framelits to round the top of the head evenly...I like the look better than what I would have ended up with had I tried to do it by hand!  I also decided to change up the goggles a bit, using silver foil card stock instead of Basic Gray and popping up the frames and adding window sheet circles to make them look more like goggles.

I also added some detail to the eyes and overalls using my Chalk Marker and used black Candy Dots instead of cardstock for the buttons on the overalls.  As I always do with all of my punch art, I sponged all the pieces with ink of the same colour to add dimension and really make the character come to life.  Instead of using the "G" for Gru on the pocket, I stamped "You're Invited" instead (from a long-retired set), as these are invitations to the birthday bash.  Now all that is left is to print the party info for the inside of the card and they're ready to go!  Now unlike last year, when I had to make a million Mario-themed decorations because there were none in the store, I found a ton of great stuff online for the Minion party...wahoo!  Saves me a ton of time for other fun projects!!  Gotta love the internet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...