Monday, March 31, 2014

Twisted Masking Tape

Happy Monday!  Today is a good day...it finally feels like Spring may just be springing!!  Warm sunshine, birdsong and melting snow...sure looks like spring to me!  Today I have a springtime project I designed for this week's challenge over at The Technique Twist.  We are all about the Masking Tape technique this time and I decided to  use it to create a soft background for an Easter card. 

Easter card featuring the Masking Tape technique and using the Papaya Collage, Petite Petals, Lacy and Lovely and Blessed Easter stamp sets.
Pretty, huh?  Here are some quick tips:
  • I used Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding and Pink Pirhouette ink for my masking tape background.  
  • I die cut the oval after I had applied the ink so that I could get the best possible coverage.  I also stamped a doily from the Lacy and Lovely set in Sahara Sand ink to add a little bit of interest.  
 

  • The foliage is from the Papaya Collage stamp set and is heat embossed in pewter.  
  • The flowers are stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe and are punched with the Petite Petals punch. 
  • The sentiment is from the Blessed Easter set in the Occasions catty and is punched with the Bracket Label punch.
  • The background is embossed using the Beautifully Baroque TIEF.

I left the inside fairly simple, stamping the foliage in Sahara Sand and the flowers in Crisp Cantaloupe. 

Just a friendly reminder that today is the LAST DAY of SALE-A-BRATION!!  Last chance to earn fabulous freebies...after today they are gone for good!  Be sure to get your order in before midnight to qualify for your free Sale-a-bration rewards.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love the pewter, love the colours, love the piercing, love the stamps..... love it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...